VECTOR DATA MANAGEMENT:
PhotoSoft has a number of tools for managing vector data. The first group includes the basic operations of vector data:
- Modify element
- Break element
- Extent element to intersection
- Trim element
- Insert vertex
- Delete part of element
- Delete vertex
Specialized operation over vector data:
- reduction of facilitiy measurements
- orthogonal method
When creating and editing geometry it is possible to implement a number of conditions including:
- Length condition
- Angle condition
- Azimuth condition
by setting the value or interactive input using a 2D/3D mouse.
Snap allows you to automatically position the cursor 2D/3D mouse when it comes to the environment of a geometric object.
PhotoSoft has a greater number of options to adjust the snap function.
- Auto snap (on the fly)
- Manual snap
- 2D snap – closeness is checked only by positional coordinates (x, y)
- 3D snap - works similarly, but takes into account the third, Z coordinates and checks the closeness taking into account all three coordinates.
Geometries with enabled snap:
- Key Point Snap - vertex, endpoint, midpoint
- Near Point Snap- cursor to "catch" the nearest point of the nearest geometric object.
Geometric selection can be made by 2D or 3D mouse. PhotoSoft respects several parameters that determine the result of selection.
Spatial definition of selection:
- Select touch
- Select box
- Select polygon
- Select polyline
- Select existing shape - existing geometry – after version 1.0
The parameter which determines the manner in which will be pre-treated with the selected geometry:
Parameter which determines the geometry that will be selected according to the spatial relationship with the area selection:
PhotoSoft representation of geometric objects is done on the basis of display styles. Accordingly, geometry types have four display style and:
Display of geometric objects may be defined at the feature level and at the level of class attributes feature class. This second method enables the geometry of each single attribute defines the mode.
PhotoSoft has a two-view, which are optionally included.
3D view is intended for stereoscopic display selected for stereo and vectors. 2D view (top view) shows the vector content. The windows are synchronized so that one view monitor each zoom and pan the other view-a.
DIGITAL TERRAIN MODEL:
One of the main functions of PhotoSoft is the collection and verification of data for digital terrain models (DTM). As part of MapSoft package, Surfing module is for generation and analysis of DMT based on previously collected data. PhotoSoft is used for the collection, storage and visualization of DMT, while the generation of DMT is SurfIng task.
Original data which is generated DTM consists primarily of points, lines and surfaces in addition to 2D coordinates with their height.
PhotoSoft task is divided into two parts:
- Collecting source data (scattered points, points on a regular grid, the structural lines of the court)
- Visualization derivatives of DMT such as contour lines, triangles of Delaunay triangulation or other DTM data analysis.
Regular network of points (Grid) has served solely as a tool for "guidance" 3D cursor in the measurement points spaced at regular intervals.
There are several more parameters if the parameter type of the original data DTM is Regular network of points. These parameters are not defined at the level of the Grid, but rather at the level of the feature and the class are:
- Profile patern
- Default height
- Starting point of measurements
In order to generate DTM PhotoSoft respects several types of points and lines of which depends model itself.
Types of points to generate a DTM:
- Mass points
- Spot points
- Bottom points
- Peak points
Types of lines to generate a DTM:
- Slope lines
- Waterflow lines
- Vododelnice (Ridge lines)
- Saddle lines
Generating of DTM can be made at several spatial filter (screen, active model, box, project).
Next elements of DTM can be shown:
- point network of active or all grids
- the boundary of the active or all grids
- original data DMT with or without other content
- triangles of Delaunay triangulation
- generated contour lines